Ingredients for Cooking Stewed Peas with Carrots
- Fresh or frozen peas 800 grams
- 2 carrots
- Onion 2 pieces
- Tomato paste (diluted in water) 1 cup
- Paprika 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Dill to taste
- Main Ingredients Pea, Onion, Carrot
- World Cuisine
Frying pan, spatula, kitchen knife, cutting board, glass.
Step 1: stew carrots with onions.
Peel the carrots and onions by peeling the skin from the carrots, and peel the onions. Chop finely and lightly fry in a pan with butter. Do not hold for long, simmer until tender, stirring occasionally.
Step 2: add the peas.
Add peas and half a teaspoon of paprika to the vegetables. Stir without removing from heat.
Simmer all together for a few more minutes over medium heat.
Step 3: add the tomato paste.
Pour the tomato paste diluted in water into a skillet for vegetables and add finely chopped or dried dill.
Leave it to simmer until the vegetables are fully cooked, boiled and completely soft.
Add sugar and salt to taste at the end of cooking, mix.
Remove from heat and serve.
Step 4: serve the stewed peas with carrots.
Stewed peas with carrots are served hot as a side dish for meat, but since it’s fasting, serve it as a main dish, supplemented with soy meat or lean dumplings (regular or potato) if desired. This is delicious.
Enjoy your meal!
- In summer, instead of tomato paste, you can use fresh tomatoes chopped in a blender.
- You can add chopped chili peppers to the stewed vegetables for spiciness and piquancy. It turns out just magically, especially for those who love everything sharp.