Ingredients for a 3 liter jar:
- Cabbage 2.5 kg
- 1 carrot (150 g)
- Bay leaf 2 pcs.
- Allspice peas - 5-6 pcs. taste
- Salt 1.5 tbsp. l
- Sugar 1.5 tbsp. l
- Water 1 L
- Main Ingredients: Cabbage, Carrot
- Serving: 20 servings
- World Cuisine
1. Shred the cabbage
2. Grate the carrots on a coarse grater and add to the cabbage.
3. Break the bay leaf into pieces, add allspice peas and mix everything.
4. Tightly put the cabbage in a 3-liter jar.
5. Prepare the brine: bring the water with salt and sugar to a boil and leave to cool.
6. Pour the cabbage with the cooled brine and leave it in a warm place.
7. During the fermentation process, the cabbage must be pierced with a fork to release carbon dioxide. I recommend putting the jar in a wide capacity, as brine from the can may leak.
8. On the third day, the cabbage is ready, close the jar with a lid and send it to be stored in the refrigerator.
Enjoy your meal!