Potato Leek Ingredients
- Leek 500 grams
- Potato 500 grams
- Tomato juice 100 milliliters
- Pepper paste 1 teaspoon
- Bay leaf to taste
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil 4 tablespoons
- Parsley for serving
- Main ingredients Potato, Onion
Frying pan, lid, spatula, kitchen knife, cutting board, tablespoon.
Step 1: chop the leek.
Wash the leek and cut into slices, length 2-3 centimeters.
Step 2: chop the potatoes.
Peel the potatoes and cut into thick slices - slices.
Step 3: Stew the leek.
Heat vegetable oil in a pan and put leek in it, add salt, pepper, bell pepper paste and bay leaf.
Stir and cook for 3 minutes over medium heat.
Add hot water to the onion so that it covers the leek, and loosely cover the pan with a lid, leaving a gap. Extinguish until the water has almost evaporated.
Step 4: add the potatoes.
Add sliced potatoes to the stewed onion, pour in tomato juice and simmer everything over low heat until the potatoes are ready.
At the very end, add more salt to taste, sprinkle with finely chopped parsley on top and remove from heat.
Step 5: serve leek with potatoes.
Before serving, I added a little chopped chili and ground black pepper to the leek and potato for flavor. It turned out very tasty and quite satisfying. Be sure to remember when serving to collect tomato sauce from the bottom of the pan and pour the dish on top of it.
Enjoy your meal!
- Instead of pepper paste, you can use adjika, just take it a little less so that it doesn’t turn out very sharply.
- You can use sunflower, olive or coconut oil for cooking, depending on your preference.