- ground beef 500 gr
- long-grain rice 1 1/4 cup
- onion 1 pc.
- bell pepper 100 g frozen or 1 fresh
- garlic 3 cloves
- tomato paste 2 tbsp
- ground caraway seeds 1/2 tsp
- dried onion 1 tsp
- dry Italian herbs 1 tsp
- chilli flakes 1/2 tsp
- bay leaf 1 pc.
- beef broth 500 ml
- a mixture of frozen vegetables 300 gr
- fresh spinach 2 bunches or 100 g frozen
- vegetable oil to taste
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Main Ingredients: Beef, Onion, Pepper, Garlic, Spinach, Rice
Pour 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil into the stewpan. Add chilli flakes to the still cold oil. When the oil warms up, add the chopped onion and fry until soft.
Add chopped bell pepper, squeeze the garlic. Stir fry for about 1 minute. Add ground beef and stir-fry until the liquid evaporates from the forcemeat.
Add tomato paste, spices, salt, pepper, rice. Stir and pour the broth. Add frozen vegetables. Bring to a boil and cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Tear the spinach leaves with your hands and put on top of rice. Boil under the lid over low heat for another 10 minutes. Remove from heat and mix well.