Ingredients for Shisha Tauka
- Chicken thigh (without skin and bones) 450 grams
- Chicken fillet 450 grams
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Cardamom 1 teaspoon
- Sumy 3/4 teaspoon
- Dried oregano 1/2 teaspoon
- Paprika 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon
- White pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Ground clove 1/8 teaspoon
- Grated nutmeg 1/8 teaspoon
- Garlic (grated) 4 cloves
- Lemon juice from one lemon
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Fresh parsley for serving
- Main ingredients: Garlic, Chicken
- Serving 4-6
- World cuisineArab cuisine
Grill, wooden skewers, plate, kitchen knife.
Step 1: prepare the skewers.
To cook the indicated amount of chicken we need 10-12 wooden skewers. Soak them first in cold water for about 1 hour.
Step 2: chop the chicken.
Chicken fillet and peeled thighs and bones cut into medium-sized cubes. Try to keep the pieces about the same size as each other.
Put the chopped chicken in a deep plate.
Step 3: add the marinade to the chicken.
Now just add in turn all the ingredients for the marinade.
Pour salt into the chicken.
Now comes the ground cardamom.
Dried oregano and paprika then.
Sumac, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and white pepper.
Add garlic cloves grated or minced. Be sure to finely chop the garlic, as large pieces are constantly falling from the chicken and burning.
Squeeze the juice from a large lemon.
Add vegetable oil at the end.
Step 4: pickle the chicken.
Mix the chicken pieces with tongs or a spoon, distributing marinade and spices between them. Cover with cling film and marinate directly on the table (without putting it in the refrigerator) for 20-30 minutes.
Step 5: catch chicken pieces on skewers.
Take the skewers out of the water and put the chicken meat on them alternating the breast fillet with the hips so that each portion gets an even distribution of meat.
Step 6: fry the shish tauk.
Heat the grill and put chicken skewers on it. Cook, often rotating, for several minutes.
When the meat is covered with a crispy crust and baked from the inside, the shish-tauk is ready. Remove it from the heat and serve.
Step 7: serve the shish tauk.
Sprinkle the shish tauk with chopped parsley and start the meal. You can serve skewers on skewers, or remove pieces of meat from them and wrap in pita bread with slices of cucumber and tomato. It will be tasty anyway.
Enjoy your meal!
- Shish-tauk can be grilled on charcoal, on an electric grill and in the oven in the "grill" mode. The cooking time will vary, so just watch the kebabs so that they do not burn and do not dry out.