Ingredients for making beetroot soup
- Beets 1 piece (medium size)
- Beet tops 1 bunch
- Chicken or turkey leg 1 piece
- Carrot 1 piece
- Parsley root 1 piece
- Celery root 1/2 pieces
- Sour cream 18% 4 tablespoons (optional)
- Young (boiled) potatoes for serving
- Bay leaf 1 piece
- Fresh dill for serving
- Allspice 2 peas
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main ingredients: Potato, Carrot, Beetroot, Chicken, Turkey, Sour Cream, Greens
- Portion 3-4
Saucepan, kitchen knife, cutting board, ladle, tablespoon.
Step 1: prepare the broth.
Pour into the pan 1,5 liters pure water. Put the washed poultry meat in it, close the lid loosely, and put on medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes. Peel off the foam.
Step 2: chop the vegetables.
Rinse the vegetables. Peel root vegetables. Greens and tops for now just rinse and set aside.
Cut carrots, parsley, celery and beets into small cubes.
Step 3: add the vegetables to the broth.
Add vegetables to the prepared hot broth. Also add bay leaf, allspice, black pepper and salt.
Step 4: add beet tops.
Cut the washed beet tops and send it to the soup after the other ingredients.
Cook over medium heat for 30-40 minutesuntil all the vegetables are soft.
Step 5: bring the beetroot soup to readiness.
Remove the finished soup from the fire, take out the ham and chop it into small pieces, cleaning the meat from the bone. Return the meat to the soup, also add sour cream to it and finely chopped fresh dill.
Step 6: serve beetroot soup.
Place coarsely chopped boiled potatoes in deep plates and top them with beetroot soup. Serve hot for lunch. Delicious! And how useful! Serve it with croutons or boiled eggs.
Enjoy your meal!
- You can add potatoes directly to the soup and cook along with other vegetables. It will taste a little different, but overall just as good.
- If you want to make the soup less oily, remove the skin from the legs.