We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Cakes with fruit
- Citrus cakes
- Lemon cake
- Easy lemon cake
Gorgeous little lemon cakes, drizzled with lemon syrup and topped with lemon icing. Dress them up with sugar flowers and present them in fancy baking cases for a special occasion.
County Donegal, Ireland
76 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 22 cupcakes
- For the lemon cupcakes
- 225g margarine
- 225g caster sugar
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced, divided
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 225g self raising flour
- 1 dessertspoon icing sugar
- For the lemon icing
- 540g icing sugar
- 200g margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:40min
- Preheat the oven to 170 C /Gas 4. Line 2 muffin tins with bun cases.
- Cream the margarine, sugar and zest of 2 lemons together in a bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs until combined. Sift the flour into the creamed mixture and fold in gently.
- Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden and springy on top. Leave them in the tin. Mix together the juice of one of the lemons with a heaped dessertspoon of icing sugar, to make a lemon syrup. While the cupcakes are still warm, brush the lemon syrup over the tops of the buns. Leave in the tin for a few more minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- To make the lemon icing: Place the icing sugar and margarine into a mixing bowl. Mix together until light and fluffy. Add one tablespoon of lemon juice and mix again.
- Use a piping bag fitted with a wide star nozzle (no.8), pipe icing onto each cupcake in circles, ending with a point of icing at the centre of each bun. Finish decorating the cupcakes with sugar paste flowers and a cupcake wrapper.
See it on my blog
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(5)
Reviews in English (4)
Easy to make and taste amazing!-01 May 2018
These are amazing, so easy and cheap to make, so light and fluffy, yummy, will be making lots more of these :-) (I did use lemon flavouring in the icing rather than juice, just to avoid it being to runny)-24 Jul 2017
I made these today they tasted lovely but the lemon icing was very runny even tho i followed instructions to the letter ? how would i thicken the icing ? any advice would be great thank you.-14 Jul 2017
Lemon Cupcakes With Lemon Frosting Recipe
Lemon Cupcake with Lemon Buttercream Frosting | Eggless Lemon Cupcake.
All Purpose Flour 1.5 cup.
Sugar 1/2 cup.
Milk 1 cup.
Vinegar 1 Tsp.
Oil 1/2 cup.
Baking Powder 1 Tsp.
Baking Soda 1/2 Tsp.
Pinch of Salt.
Lemon Juice 1 Tbsp.
Lemon Zest 1 Tsp.
Yellow Food Color (OPTIONAL).
Ingredients for Lemon Butter Cream Frosting:
Powdered Sugar 4 cups.
Lemon Juice 1 Tbsp.
Lemon Zest 1 Tsp.
In 1 cup Milk add 1tsp Vinegar, keep aside for 5 to 7 mins.
Prepare Cupcake Batter.
In a bowl Sieve add All Purpose Flour 1.5 cup, Sugar 1/2 cup.
Baking Powder 1 Tsp, Baking Soda 1/2 Tsp, Pinch of Salt.
Add Oil 1/2 cup, Buttermilk, mix them. Do not over mix the batter.
Add Vanilla Essence, Lemon Juice 1 Tbsp, Lemon Zest 1 Tsp, Yellow Food Color (OPTIONAL).
Mix well and pour the batter in the cupcake mould. Pour only 3/4..
Preheat oven at 180C and bake the cupcakes for about 20-22 mins or until its done(your stick should come out clean).
Prepare Lemon Buttercream frosting.
Butter 225g at room Temperature, beat it until its pale in color and light..
Add 4 cups sugar in total but add them in batches(1 to 2 Tbsp at a time).
Once the Frosting is light and fluffy add Lemon Juice 1 Tbsp, Lemon Zest 1 Tsp,.
Yellow Food Color (OPTIONAL) mix them well. Your Frosting is ready..
Transfer the frosting to a piping bag and decorate the cupcake (I am using 1m wilton Nozzle).
Playlist of our Vegetarian Recipes:
Playlist of our Non Vegetarian Recipes:
Playlist for our Dessert Recipes:
Follow us on:
Email: [email protected]
Epidemic sounds Get 30 days free trail:
Video taken from the channel: Kitchen Monk
- 150g self-raising flour
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 115g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tblsp of fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 80ml buttermilk
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 4 tblsp lemon curd
- For the toppings:
- 150g icing sugar
- 150g fondant
- 2 tblsp lemon juice
- Yellow food colour
- Sprinkles of your choice
- You will also need:
- Deep muffin tray
- 12 cases
- 1 large and 1 small flower cutter
- 3 egg
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 cup flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rinds
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon rinds
- 2 cup icing sugar
How to make Lemon Cupcakes
Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until soft. Add the lemon rind and gradually add the eggs.
Mix well and add the flour. Mix until well combined. Pour this into a 12 hole cake tin lined with paper cases.
Place this in a preheated oven at 160C/320F and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and springy. Remove and cool.
To make the icing, beat the butter until soft. Add the lemon juice, lemon rind and icing sugar.
Let’s make lemon cupcakes from scratch!
- Gelatin Cupcakes
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup coconut water*
- 1 cup lemon-flavored sparkling beverage
- ⅔ cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 12 paper baking cups
- 12 (2-inch) round shortbread cookies
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender buds
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Prepare Cupcakes: Whisk together first 2 ingredients in a medium saucepan whisk in coconut water and sparkling beverage. Cook over medium-low heat 2 minutes, whisking just until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and whisk in lemon juice. Let stand 2 minutes.
Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Spoon 1/4 cup gelatin mixture into each cup of pan. Chill 4 hours or until completely set.
Gently run a small knife around the edges of each muffin cup, and invert a baking sheet over muffin pan. Holding baking sheet and pan together, invert and hold under hot running water until gelatin cakes unmold from muffin pan onto baking sheet.
Place 12 baking cups on a serving tray place 1 cookie in each baking cup. Top each with a gelatin cake. Chill 1 to 2 hours.
Meanwhile, prepare Frosting: Process lavender and 1 cup sugar in a food processor 1 minute or until lavender is finely crushed.
Pour water to depth of 2 inches into bottom of a double boiler over medium-low heat bring to a simmer. Place egg whites, cream of tartar, and lavender mixture in top of double boiler over simmering water. Cook mixture, whisking constantly, 9 to 10 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°.
Remove from heat, and beat at high speed with an electric mixer, using whisk attachment, 3 to 4 minutes or until stiff, glossy peaks form. Stir in vanilla.
Spoon frosting into a zip-top plastic freezer bag. (Do not seal.) Snip 1 corner of bag to make a small hole. Pipe frosting onto each gelatin cupcake. Serve immediately.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake tin with papers, and set aside.
2. Place the cream cheese, butter, eggs, zest and sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix until light and creamy.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to cream cheese mixture while mixing on low speed. Mix until well incorporated.
4. Divide batter among one dozen cupcake papers. Smooth out the tops with the back of a teaspoon. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Cool in the tin for 3 minutes before removing to completely cool on a wire rack. Top with Limoncello buttercream and garnish with fresh mint leaves and a lemon drop.
Limoncello Buttercream Frosting Instructions
1. Cream together the butter and shortening until light and fluffy.
2. Add sugar and beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
3. Add Limoncello and beat on medium high for 3-5 minutes or until smooth and fluffy.
How To Make Lemon Cupcakes
For this easy cupcake recipe, you need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 stick 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
The easiest way to make these is to use a stand mixer. However, you can definitely make them using a large mixing bowl. Start by whipping butter at medium-high speed in a mixer bowl. Add sugar and mix until creamy. Add egg, milk, and lemon extract.
In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Add the flour mixture to wet ingredients at a slow speed until the batter is moist. Turn speed onto medium-high and beat until smooth.
Spoon into prepared muffin pan and bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Depending on the cupcake liners you use, the recipe will yield 4-6 cupcakes. A batch made four cupcakes using these stand-along cupcake liners.
Allow the cupcakes to cool before decorating.
Homemade buttercream is always a great option for topping these sweet treats.
I would not make these again. Even after reading all the reviews mine did not come out well. First of all, they were too sweet, which I think was due to the frosting. The stated baking time was too short, but when I tried to guess at the time, they came out too dry once and too wet/dense the other time. I am not sure how much lemon zest/juice was actually supposed to go in, because mine were maybe a bit too strong on the lemon flavor and I didn't even put the whole amount in (and I love lemons!). I was only able to get out 21 cupcakes, which is weird. They ended up pretty small -- not much rise. Also definitely not enough frosting to pipe it looking like the pictures, which was fine because they would have been wayyyy too rich and sweet. Annoying that they don't check these recipes before posting. Find a better lemon cupcake recipe, no point in trying to guess at how to make these ones.
Excellent cupcakes! Very lemony and a delicate texture. I used buttermilk instead of milk. I will definitely make these again.
I am not so sure I would make these again. It was nice and light. The amount of zest seemed like a typo but it is right. The cake itself is light. I did not like the frosting recipe. It didn't have a very good lemon flavor to it. I ended up adding lemon extract to it. It was also really hard to get through my pastry bag and I ended up just spreading it with a knife on the cupcakes. It made 24 cupcakes not 12 as the recipe says. Unless they are making jumbo cupcakes. It also takes about 24-28 minutes in the oven not 16-18.
Let this be a lesson. Always read the reviews first. This recipe makes 24 cupcakes. I was left scrambling to prepare more pans, which were small bundt cake pans since I only have one muffin tin. The cupcakes turned out well, nonetheless. The tops are flat, but that makes them easier to decorate. And they took 25 minutes to bake, not 16-18 minutes. The bundt cakes took 30 minutes and came out barely baked. But they were light and lemony, and just what I was looking for on a spring day. If you just want 12 cupcakes, the recipe halves easily.
These are fabulous! A nice, firm lemon cake that really tastes like the fresh lemon juice inside and stands up to a generous frosting. There is nothing worse than a flimsy cake that crumbles as you eat it -- this cake is outstanding. Don't skimp on the lemon zest, but the 1/2 cup listed must be a misprint. I always add more lemon zest than is called for in recipes, so I would say that 2 generous tablespoons is perfect here. The frosting is delicious as well, but I doubled the recipe and this resulted them in looking like the picture -- nothing worse than skimpy frosting on a cupcake. I also upped the cream cheese and used the full 8oz brick (so 160z in total for doubled recipe). The 1/2 cup listed for the zest in the frosting is probably also a misprint. I used 2-3 tablespoons zest per brick of cream cheese, so a generous 5 tablespoons for my modifications. A drop of lemon oil (not extract) would have been a nice addition as well. These were great and I WILL be making them again.
- 1 cup unsweetened soymilk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 3/4 cup/1 1/2 sticks soy margarine (such as willow run)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 4 large eggs
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside. In a small bowl, mix together the soymilk and lemon juice and set aside.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest.
In another bowl, using an electric hand mixer at a medium speed setting, cream together the soy margarine and sugar until fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Add the eggs and applesauce and beat until incorporated. Switch down the speed to low and add in half of the dry ingredients, beating until combined, followed by the soymilk mixture. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared cupcake cups and bake about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.