- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
- Ginger biscuits
This is a great ginger biscuit recipe that I have made numerous times over the years, hence the ingredients are in ounces! They have a lovely subtle ginger flavour and a great texture. These do spread so give them some space when spooning them onto the trays.
23 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 2 to 3 dozen biscuits
- 225g (8 oz) self-raising flour
- 110g (4 oz) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 85g (3 oz) butter
- 110g (4 oz) golden syrup
- 1 egg, beaten
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:25min
- Pre-heat oven to 170 C / 150 C Fan / Gas 3. Grease baking trays.
- Mix all the dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Melt the butter and syrup and mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients and beaten egg alternately, a little at a time, to the butter and syrup. Mix well. Place single teaspoonfuls in rounds on the baking trays.
- Bake for 10 minutes if using a fan oven, or a bit longer if your oven is not fan assisted. Let cool on trays.