- Dish type
Thin slices of aubergines are lightly fried then marinated in a fresh herb, garlic and white wine vinegar mixture for 8 hours or overnight. Well worth the wait! Delicious as a starter with crackers.
5 people made this
- 500g (4 small) aubergines
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 6 sage leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons white wine vinegar
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:15min ›Extra time:8hr marinating › Ready in:8hr25min
- Rinse aubergines and cut into 5mm thick slices. Sprinkle slices with salt and layer on a plate. Set another plate on top and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Rinse aubergine slices and pat dry. Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan and fry aubergines in batches, about 2 minutes on each side. Set slices on a plate lined with kitchen paper to absorb the oil.
- Layer aubergine slices into a shallow dish and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley, basil and sage, salt and pepper, remaining olive oil, minced garlic and white wine vinegar.
- Cover and marinate for at least 8 hours or overnight in the fridge.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(6)
Reviews in English (3)
by Buckwheat Queen
This was super simple to make and quick delicious. I didn’t have any sage so I added mint and hot peppers. Thank you for the recipe.-19 Jul 2018
Pickled aubergines recipe - Recipes
You are viewing our recipes section. Navigate to the rest of the website from here or select from the top menu to keep searching for recipes.