We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Chocolate traybakes
These sweet treats are quick and easy to make and taste fantastic. Digestive biscuit crumbs are mixed with coconut and condensed milk, baked, topped with chocolate and cut into bars.
479 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 1 20x20cm tin
- 170g digestive biscuit crumbs
- 150g desiccated coconut
- 50g margarine, melted
- 1 (397g) tin sweetened condensed milk
- 175g milk chocolate
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:12min ›Ready in:27min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Grease a 20cm square baking tin.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the biscuit crumbs and coconut. Pour in the condensed milk and melted margarine, mix until well blended. Press the mixture evenly into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove and let cool. Melt chocolate in a microwave or over a double boiler, stirring occasionally until smooth. Spread over the cooled bars, chill and cut into squares.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(106)
Reviews in English (92)
Very nice and very simple to make-28 Feb 2011
A friend brought me some in a box as a gift.Far too delicious to keep in the cupboard so I had to freeze one of the trays when I made them myself!!!-29 Nov 2011
this i really nice but really rich so you would only want a small piece - i found i had to cook my base for longer than the recipe states, the only problem i found is its really hard to cut up as the chocolate goes rock hard!!! really yummy-21 Sep 2012